Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Since getting involved in a fight over 25 years ago have had

Since getting involved in a fight over 25 years ago have had lost upper teeth due to infections, inner nose went out of alignment,intermiitent pain upper cheek one side of face, and repeated infections in the eye on the same side, and today i am being reffered to opticians for back of eye examination as antibiotic eye drps not worked and have severe red eye. Also suffer with flem down back of throat. Doctors do not seem to listen to history, just treat the immediate problem. Please help.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I would not go to an optician for an issue with such an extensive history such as yours. I would make sure your GP sends you to an ophthalmologist (eye MD)

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

It does, but i am wondering what injury i have. Forgot to mention I since the incident I have prisms in my glasses, but it keeps varying including me lenses as opticians keep saying my eye exams where done wrong by previous optician.

Dr. Rick :

It is more likely that the amount of prism you require is changing with time. I would not think that all the previous opticians messed up. Having prism amount change over time is common and is referred to as "eating your prism"

Customer:

Thanks Dr Rick. I see what the examination brings tomoro. They apperantly look at the back of the eye, and doctor suspects severe inflamation.

Dr. Rick :

Sounds like a good plan. I hope everything turns out OK.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick