Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

ra - jac

Customer Question

Fluid between my retina and eye wall has caused loss of vision in my right eye. The only other thing in the eye is a small neva(sp?) or freckle that doesn't seem capable of producing the amount of fluid. What else could cause it?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There are a large number of thing that can cause this.

Where is the fluid? Have you seen an ophthalmologist?

Have you seen a retina specialist?

Can you give me anymore information?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : There are a large number of thing that can cause this.

Have you seen a retina specialist?

Can you give me anymore information?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Directly behind the retina. Yes. Yes. It's been over a year since my "Episode" - a kind of "explosion that left my eye covered with a "film of dust particles" and floating golden halos mostly seen in darkness.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I am a retina specialist. It sounds like you may have had an episode of posterior uveitis. The symptoms you have reported can be from any number of causes; figuring out what is going on would require a complete exam, history and, sometimes, lab evaluation.

This is best done by a retina/uveitis specialist.

What can tell you here today?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.

I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.

I was looking for more information about your condition so I could provide a more directed answer...

Thank you.