Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hello Doctors My name AbdulMuati from Jordan Im hyper tension

Customer Question

Hello Doctors My name AbdulMuati from Jordan I’m hyper tension since ten years (my medication is Zestrel 20) a diabetic since 3 years (medication Junamet 50/1000 twice daily), few months I began to feel that all the blood moving to my head , face, ears, lips and eyes turned to be red with heat for few seconds and then go back to normal, this used to happen once a month recently its happening 2-3 times even during my sleep happened three times last two month and last month I’m having a headache most of the time and in the morning after a sleep.
I talked to my doctors even went to neurologist nothing shown (he didn’t do EEG).
Can you advise me whom I should go.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The most useful thing you could do, since these episodes don't last very long, is to get a photograph of your eyes when they are at their worst, and again when everything is back to normal. Make a note of what time each picture was taken and jot down all your symptoms during this event.

Dr. Rick :

Bring these data to an ophthalmologist for his review. It would even be better if you could be examined by an eye surgeon during the acute phase of these attacks.

Dr. Rick :

Since what is happening to you lasts for such a brief time period, your examination by qualified doctors was normal and the events are not suggestive of any common disease, getting to the bottom of what is going on will be difficult.

Dr. Rick :

That being said, if you can do what I have suggested then I think you will have the best possible chance of getting to the bottom things.

I do not think that an EEG would help to figure out what is going on so I' not worry that your neurologist did not do this test when you went to see him.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : The most useful thing you could do, since these episodes don't last very long, is to get a photograph of your eyes when they are at their worst, and again when everything is back to normal. Make a note of what time each picture was taken and jot down all your symptoms during this event.
Dr. Rick : Bring these data to an ophthalmologist for his review. It would even be better if you could be examined by an eye surgeon during the acute phase of these attacks.
Dr. Rick : Since what is happening to you lasts for such a brief time period, your examination by qualified doctors was normal and the events are not suggestive of any common disease, getting to the bottom of what is going on will be difficult.
Dr. Rick : That being said, if you can do what I have suggested then I think you will have the best possible chance of getting to the bottom things.

Dr. Rick : Does this make sense to you?
Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick