Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

RA Sha

Customer Question

Good morning:

I am a chronic migraine sufferer. But the duration and symptoms have changed. I have had a migraine 23 out of the last 26 days. I have had migraines for 25 years and the longest they ever last is 3 and rarely 4 days. Last night I noticed my left eye dropping (which is the same side of my head as the migraine). I woke up at 4:30 am and noticed that my eye and the headache are worse, so much so that I could not go to bible study and church.

Should I go to the ER or wait for an appointment with my doctor?

Thank you so much for your time.

Kathy
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Other then the left eyelid drooping and the headaches are you having any other symptoms?

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Other then the left eyelid drooping and the headaches are you having any other symptoms?
Dr. Rick :

When you look up,down, left and right, do your eyes move normally?

If you look in the mirror, are your pupils (the black hole in the middle of your eye) about the same size?

Would you say that this is the worst headache you have ever had?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My headache is pounding and I have chills. I did look in the mirror and yes, I can move my eyes equally and the left pupil is the same size as the right one.

I would rank the pain as increasing since I first asked you the question from a 5 to now a 7. I also have a pain in the left side of my neck. This is a very strange headache.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not receiving emails or texts. Is the service not working? Please advise.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
sorry about the technical problems. I hope you get this message.

Seeing how this seems to be a very severe headache that is getting worse, I think the best thing for you to do is visit the ER. I'd probably not wait until Monday.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.
Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.