Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a blister on the white of my eye, what should I do?

I have a blister on the white of my eye, what should I do? First it was soft, now it has hardened.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Full Size Image

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Does it appear similar to this image?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it yellowish lump between the black of the eye and the inner corner of the eye?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it fluid filled blister or is a yellowish solid lump?

Customer:

The blister seems to be filled with a liquid...it's hard to see because it is under the skin in the corner of my eye. That's why I feel it and the eye is irritated

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Full Size Image
In that case does it look more like this image?

Customer:

I am taking a picture now an will upload it...it does not look like the picture above...more like the first picture

Dr. A.S. Desai :

ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I'll wait.

Customer:

Am still trying to upload

Dr. A.S. Desai :

ok

Customer:
Customer:

Did you get the image?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, Just having a look at it.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It does look more like a conjunctival cyst.

Customer:

What should I do?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Usually conjunctival retention cysts do not require any specific treatment and are harmless( but for cosmetic reasons).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Either they resolve naturally or can be treated for cosmetic reasons by anti-inflammatory eye drops or even by draining it.

Customer:

As it is under the skin of my eyelid it is almost painful and is irritating the eye. Should I get some overt he counter eyedrops? And if yes, which ones?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

To relieve the irritation you can use lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day.It is available over the counter.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You seem to have gone offline at the moment. In that case I will switch over to the Q&A mode so that you can view the answer later.

Customer:

I am going on a trip to India tomorrow with a long flight....is this a problem?

Hello Elizebeth,

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

You could even try using over the counter anti-allergy Alaway/Zaditor eye drops which have anti-inflammatory effect too, 1 drop twice a day for 1 week.
No, it should not be a problem with the travel. You can go ahead with your plans. By the way welcome to India. Hope you enjoy your stay here.