Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a blister on the white of my eye, what should I do?

I have a blister on the white of my eye, what should I do? First it was soft, now it has hardened.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Full Size Image

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Does it appear similar to this image?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it yellowish lump between the black of the eye and the inner corner of the eye?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it fluid filled blister or is a yellowish solid lump?

Customer:

The blister seems to be filled with a liquid...it's hard to see because it is under the skin in the corner of my eye. That's why I feel it and the eye is irritated

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Full Size Image
In that case does it look more like this image?

Customer:

I am taking a picture now an will upload it...it does not look like the picture above...more like the first picture

Dr. A.S. Desai :

ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I'll wait.

Customer:

Am still trying to upload

Dr. A.S. Desai :

ok

Customer:
Customer:

Did you get the image?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, Just having a look at it.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It does look more like a conjunctival cyst.

Customer:

What should I do?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Usually conjunctival retention cysts do not require any specific treatment and are harmless( but for cosmetic reasons).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Either they resolve naturally or can be treated for cosmetic reasons by anti-inflammatory eye drops or even by draining it.

Customer:

As it is under the skin of my eyelid it is almost painful and is irritating the eye. Should I get some overt he counter eyedrops? And if yes, which ones?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

To relieve the irritation you can use lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day.It is available over the counter.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You seem to have gone offline at the moment. In that case I will switch over to the Q&A mode so that you can view the answer later.

Customer:

I am going on a trip to India tomorrow with a long flight....is this a problem?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello Elizebeth,

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

You could even try using over the counter anti-allergy Alaway/Zaditor eye drops which have anti-inflammatory effect too, 1 drop twice a day for 1 week.
No, it should not be a problem with the travel. You can go ahead with your plans. By the way welcome to India. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince