Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

i got kicked in the eye in rugby today, no sign of any bruising

i got kicked in the eye in rugby today, no sign of any bruising around it, no cut but my eye keeps on heavily closing and twitching, what can this be?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Is the eye red, painful, light sensitive, or blurry?

Doctor DanB : The twitching is likely a response to irritation from the trauma, as is the heavy closing feeling. Despite no evidence of external bruising, it's possible that the trauma has caused an internal bruise to the muscle that elevates the eyelid. Most likely, however, is that the eyelid muscle has just been stunned and (possibly with swelling you may see later, or not), your eyelid may be stunned somewhat for a few days, but it most likely will return to normal function in the next 48-72 hrs.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?   

yes it did, thank you so much

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!