Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I woke up with a cold and when I bow my nose there is blood

I woke up with a cold and when I bow my nose there is blood in the mucus although my nose is not bleeding. Should I be worried?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

a bit of blood in your "boogers" (as my Son would call it ;) when you have a cold is nothing to be overly worried about. This is very common.

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest using a humidifier in your room. This should help.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : a bit of blood in your "boogers" (as my Son would call it ;) when you have a cold is nothing to be overly worried about. This is very common.
Dr. Rick : I would suggest using a humidifier in your room. This should help.
Dr. Rick : Does this answer your question?
Dr. Rick : Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

The good news? This is not a sign of something serious growing up inside your nose. It is most likely just from the irritation of your current cold and dryness of the air.