Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

good afternoon i had catteract surgery two weeks ago on the

good afternoon i had catteract surgery two weeks ago on the left eye im 43 it was great at first vision wise but the sight has fluctuated a bit since but it feels uncomfortabe like im wearing a contact lense and looks red an glassy most of the time plus if you blink heavily it weeps like mad . will this go in time or has it not been a success .regards XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It's about 8:30am here in Wisconsin, but I'll go with Good Afternoon since you are on the other side of the Atlantic :-)

Dr. Rick :

What eye drops does your surgeon have you using right now?

Does your eye feel like there is something in it?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : It's about 8:30am here in Wisconsin, but I'll go with Good Afternoon since you are on the other side of the Atlantic :-)
Dr. Rick : What eye drops does your surgeon have you using right now?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi i had to rush out yesterday so i didnt manage to finish my problem with you. the drops are chloramphenicol andmaxidex. the problem is worse in a morning but improves as the day moves on. as i say it feels like im wearing a contact lense and it weeps alot im going back for a follow up but just wondered if its usual to look red and glassy at this stage thanks regards nick

Hi Nick,

It sounds like you have corneal edema. While this is not "normal" after cataract surgery, it is not unusual and will improve with time in the vast majority of cases.

It is OK to continue to use your drops as directed.

Does this make sense to you?

I'm still here if you would like to ask me anything else.

Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

many thanks for your help thts great cheers all the best nick

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

My pleasure. Take care.