Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Hi Doctor My eye seemed somewhat drooped this morning after

Hi Doctor
My eye seemed somewhat drooped this morning after I got face cream in it which stung. I washed my eye several times with water and the eye stayed drooped for about a couple of hours and it also felt heavy. No numbness anywhere. It cleared up afterwards. I do still feel some itching and watery. Could this be allergies?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, the fact that the eyelid droop cleared on its own within hours shows that it is not of any neurological cause. The heaviness of the lid with itching and watering is likely to be an allergic reaction to the face cream entering the eye. You have done the right thing by washing the eye immediately as it helps to remove the irritant out of the eye .

Customer:

Hi Doctor

Customer:

Thank you so much Doctor

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I would suggest that you use lubricating eye drops such as over the counter preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day for about a week.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Along with that you can use over the counter anti-allergy eye drops such as Alaway/Zaditor eye drops, 1 drop twice a day for a week.

Customer:

That I will do. The eye is also twitching but I get that on occasion. I will get the drops.

Thanks again.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Twitching of the eye is quite a benign condition which does not point towards any underlying eye disease.

Customer:

Thanks you again for your help.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are most welcome :)

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist