Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have noticed every one in a while i can hardly see out of

I have noticed every one in a while i can hardly see out of one of my eyes. I have one very very bad eye that i can only see near with and my other eye works well near and far. It is like my good eye gets something in its way like a small cloudiness. It will only last for a few minutes and not come back for about a month. What could this be?

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. When you have such an intermittent blurring of the vision that happens in one eye and is only for a few minutes and is not accompanied by flashing or shimmery lights or curtains or veils in the vision or headaches (reliably), then this is very most likely just due to a momentary abnormality in the tear film, or the layer of tears that coats the front of the eye. This layer of tears is needed for the front of the eye to be healthy, but also to allow for clear vision. It is very common for the tear film to become disturbed momentarily and cause the vision to blur. But it's also very common that it only lasts for several minutes and improves with blinking.

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns?

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

Doctor DanB :

If not, your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!