Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

i had a bad cold that turned into bronchitis thought i had

i had a bad cold that turned into bronchitis thought i had pink eye in left eye the physicians assistant prescribed eye drops now three days later i think its in the other eye same symptoms so i started putting the drops in that eye to is that ok
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 1 year ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

hello

Doctor DanB : For the most part, it is quite logical to assume that the symptoms you're having in the second eye are the same infection as that from the first. In that regard, it is likely to be just fine to use the same drops in the second eye that you were using in the first. The only reason I would hesitate to endorse that is if this second eye had some pre-existing problems like herpes infections or chronic intraocular inflammations that it was suffering from at baseline. If this is not the case, then you are likely fine to start using the drops in the second eye, but I would make sure to contact your doctor in the morning to verify that this is an acceptable thing to do (seeing as how they examined your eyes and I haven't been able to do so.). 
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?
Customer:

is it common to get it in one eye then the other the left eye is much better now after being on the drops for three days most of the redness is gone now its in the other eye had a bad cold since last thurs. that aturned into bronchitis

Doctor DanB : Yes, it is actually so common its almost expected.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?
Customer:

this happened to me last year as well got a really bad cold then had pink eye

Doctor DanB : It's actually quite a common infection to get.
Customer:

what are the symptoms of pinkeye

Doctor DanB : It usually starts out as mostly a ‘pinkening’ of the white part of the eye.  It can also cause any of the following symptoms: pain, pressure, redness, burning, itching, foreign-body sensation, watering, light sensitivity in one or both eyes.  Shortly therafter, it usually goes into the other eye.  Many times, the only thing that bothers the person is that the eye is red. 
Doctor DanB : Any other questions I can help you with?
Doctor DanB : If not, your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology