Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I m 57 yr old female.. I havent felt real great today ..My

I m 57 yr old female.. I haven't felt real great today ..My symptoms are a little ill at my stomach but eating fine; a weird feeling in my throat. Not heartburn, but more like a cold sensation. As the day went on my throat feels like there is a grip around it. It is gone now and I feel a weird sensation in my cheeks like I have eaten something tart. i took my blood pressure. It is fine 108/69...about normal for me. I do have allergies to weather and my husband says my eyes are puffy today. These symptoms just bother me. They are a little different.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you are experiencing mild flu symptoms along with some allergies. It is that time of year.....

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you take some claritin-D, tylenol cold and flu medicine and do your best to take it easy for the rest of the evening.

Also you should make sure to drink a lot of fluids.

Dr. Rick :

Good evening. Welcome to chat.

Customer:

Thank you. XXXXX assuming you are thinking it is nothing serious.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. I believe you will be OK.

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

However, if you do have further concerns I'll be here to help and, of course, doctors will be available in their offices through Friday.

I always worry more when facing the weekend as I hate going to the ER :)

Customer:

Yes I think so. I don't really feel like flush but do have muscle tiredness also. I tend to get that though. Can allergies cause that?

Customer:

fluish...flu like

Dr. Rick :

Yes, very much so. I have a lot of allergies and when they are at their worse I wish I could take a nap...just getting through afternoon clinic can be a killer.

Dr. Rick :

I think fluish is a real word ;)

Dr. Rick :

50 mg benadryl is also good but it can make some people really sleepy.....claritin-D doesn't have that effect as much

Customer:

Thanks that makes me feel much better. I will try the Clariton D Glad you understood fluish!! Have a good night. :)

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. You too.

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.