Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

my symptoms are feeling flu like every day, headaches, loss

my symptoms are feeling flu like every day, headaches, loss of balance twice but not always, pressure behind my eyes, numbness in right cheek sometimes. The problem has been ongoing for 8 months. doctor said i have had a viral flu that has caused this and will just have to put up with it until it goes. Please help
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medication?

Customer:

none

Dr. Rick :

Has your doctor done any medical workup other than to say it is a flu?

Customer:

he has given me 4 courses of amoxicillin which did relieve it for a few days but back to square one then

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well, it sounds more likely, since the amoxicillin helped for a bit that you have a bacterial issue going on at this point and, given your symptoms and the location of your pain, I would bet that it is in your sinuses

Dr. Rick :

It seems to be that this has been going on too long for it all to be from a viral flu infection at this point.

Customer:

what should i do at this point. i have tried all sinus sprays etc to ease pain, found them no good. could i need operation on sinuses to remove bacteria?

Dr. Rick :

I wouldn't rush to think that surgery is needed just yet....but what I do think you need to do is consult with an Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist.

This is the best trained doctor to help you.

It is clear to me that your current doctor, who is willing to call this the "8 month flu" , is not going to be able to make you feel better.

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

why would it make me feel flu like the whole time, not head cold but just weak and tingly sensations through my body. i understand what your saying just wish it would go

Dr. Rick :

I know exactly how you feel....I had a undiagnosed issue myself a few years ago and suffered for months before I got the right treatment....and I'm a doctor :(

A bacterial infection in one part of your body, such as your sinus cavities, can affect your entire body, causing weakness, aches and pains and just a general poor feeling.

I don't think just saying that you have had a flu infection for this long is correct. Rather then stay with this MD and make try to make him look harder, I think it is time to switch horses and get safely across the stream.....make sense?

Customer:

ok thank you

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

I had the feedback button off...could you please mash it again?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I had the feedback button turned off when you pressed it.

Would you mind pressing it again?

Thank you and have a good day.