Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

When an old person die not for a specific disease, what stop

(medical question, sorry... I'm unable to change category from here)

When an old person die not for a specific disease, what stop working? My grand mother died in the sleep, but I never understood for what, when I ask the relatives just say because she was old. Is there really no explanation why some people die?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If an autopsy were to be done then a specific cause of death could be found. However, in the majority of cases where an elderly person passes away, and there is no reason to suspect foul play, this is not done.

Dr. Rick :

Many times the final cause of death is a culmination of system failures that eventually cause the heart and lungs to stop working. So, it is actually heart failure and not "old age" that causes an elderly person to die.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : If an autopsy were to be done then a specific cause of death could be found. However, in the majority of cases where an elderly person passes away, and there is no reason to suspect foul play, this is not done.
Dr. Rick : Many times the final cause of death is a culmination of system failures that eventually cause the heart and lungs to stop working. So, it is actually heart failure and not "old age" that causes an elderly person to die.

Dr. Rick : Does this make sense to you?
Dr. Rick : Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.