Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have ocular migraines and they have been increasing in frequency

I have ocular migraines and they have been increasing in frequency maybe two a week.
No headache and they last about 20 minutes. The hemingbone pattern is in both eyes but usually confined to one side of my heard. should i be concerned

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Generally, increased frequency shouldn't necessarily be concerned by itself.
Doctor DanB : If you've had recent check ups with your PCP and ophthalmologist and there are no other abnormalities on exam and you don't have weakness, numbness, difficulty walking, talking, or swallowing, haven't completely lost vision in one eye then I wouldnt necessarily worry.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?  Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?  It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!