Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I started developing double vision. I went to the eye do for

Customer Question

I started developing double vision. I went to the eye do for and my optic nerve looks amazing so she doesn't know what to tell me. I'm kind of worried. my double vision usually only happens at night when bright light hits certain objects. or in the day time when I keep my head straight and look to the right I see it.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

did you have an MRI scan of your brain? if your eyes are ok, then the next step is a scan of the brain to look for other causes of double vision.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what can cause double vision? if its a tumor, anneurysm, or MS wouldn't the optic nerve be damaged an be able to be seen ?and can high anxiety cause double vision
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
there could be damage to the optic nerve after it has left the orbit.

there could be presure on the optic chiasm.

there could be a mass in one of the orbital muscles.

I would talk to your doctor about obtaining an orbital and brain MRI scan with contrast to see in the brain to see if anything in the brain or in the orbital muscles is causing the double vision.

high anxiety if bad enough can cause muscles to tense up, and if your orbital muscles tense up enough, it could cause double vision

what are you taking for your anxiety?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not taking anything for it. I started worrying about my health 5 months ago and everyday think about my health and worry. started with headaches so thought I had a brain tumor got a CT scan came out clear no signs of anneurysm or tumor or blood. this was in march.

so the eye doctor can't see these things like mass or pressure on the chaism? I got dilated an checked and an eye xray
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.

an MRI scan would be test to see the chiasm, better than a CT scan. pressure on the chiasm would be rare, but should be checked.

an eye exam would not be able to look at the area behind the retina or the optic chiasm.

you should also talk to your doctor about some treatments for your anxiety.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
why the negative service rating

what other questions do you have?