Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Since i last spoke with you and have stop eating for a month

Since i last spoke with you and have stop eating for a month food that may triger silent migraine, things asn't change, i wrote down what i was doing prior to the episode of my blurred foggy central vision and notice that when ever i do things at a close up is when the symptoms occures, it is happenning more often, i am schedule to see an ophtamologist and get also a scan of my head, i will know more after these app. my family doc. thinks it might be glaucoma or macular deg. or something not functioning right in the brain. i am anxious to find out because it is not getting better and the symptoms can last for a few hours, no headach. if you think you might know i would appreciate an answer. thank you

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : I imagine it must be frustrating to try and rule out the common triggers of migraines only to come up empty in the end.
Doctor DanB : Knowing that doing tasks that require up close vision makes these episodes happen, it's entirely possible that you may not have the correct glasses or refractive correction that is needed to properly see the targets of your near work. That can definitely be a trigger in some people; this is an issue that I would definitely bring up with the ophthalmologist that you are soon to see.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?  Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?       It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer:

As i can understand you still seem to think that it's silent migraine, i do wear reading glasses and i will mention it to the ophtamologist, in other words you think i should be wearing them all the time, the opt. that i had seen mention that i did need them but that i didn't need strong ones this is the prescription that she gave me (DD + 0.50 - X 0.75 X 0.90) (OS + 0.25 - 0.50 X101) add + 2.50 or she said i can just go to a pharmacy to get myself reading glasses. Let me know what you think of it.

Doctor DanB : Yes, you can just use OTC reading glasses, but those won't correct the astigmatism you have. Which, in and of itself, can cause blur that could induce migraines. However, my point was that it's possible that there's something wrong with your glasses and that for some reason, they are not appropriately powered or centered for your reading vision and therefore may be contributing to these episodes.
Customer:

thanks you for the info, i will mentione it to the ophto. when i see him.

Doctor DanB : Youre welcome. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!