Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Ive got this jelly-like yellow translucent substance pooled

I've got this jelly-like yellow translucent substance pooled in the bottom right corner of my right eye. That eye is reddish-yellow and feels swollen/pressurized in the corner. It's hard to close it over the slight protrusion.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have edema of your conjunctiva -- the "skin" around your eyeball.

Dr. Rick :

This can be from many causes, but the most common is an allergic reaction.

I suggest you use cold compresses and well as over the counter allergy medicines such as claritin D as well as benadryl 50 mg. Artificial tears can also be used to soothe your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

If you wear contact lenses, take them out.

If your vision is affected, you have a lot of eye pain or the eye becomes very red then you should see an ophthalmologist right away.

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.