Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have a small growth inside the outer corner of my eye. Almost

I have a small growth inside the outer corner of my eye. Almost looks like I am growing a pearl. Makes my eye water and itch sometimes.any ideas on what it might be?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer: Yes
Doctor DanB : Does it look like a hard part is in it or a fluid filled sac?
Customer: It is in a sac and will move around when I stretch the corner of my lid.
Doctor DanB : Does it look like figure 3 at this website: http://www.optometry.co.uk/uploads/articles/40f6cbbc9b29dfe6b5c8a317342d5bc7_Austen1990924.pdf
Doctor DanB : Are you there?
Customer: Yes just not very adept w computer need to get kids to help
Doctor DanB : I'm not seeing your answers so I'm going to switch to the Q&A format.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,
I'm sorry, all I got for your response was ","
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
, No it doesn't really look like fig.3 more like a pearl in a sac that is attached by fibers . I can move it around when I pull at corner of lid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it doesn't really look like fig.3 more like a pearl in a sac that is attached by fibers . I can move it around when I pull at corner of lid.,
Is suspect that this is a conjunctival concretion, which is a collection of debris that forms, usually in response to chronic inflammation and irritation--they can be cut out if they become very bothersome, but usually don't get to be so and are rarely done anything with because they usually spontaneously disappear.  I would first recommend using artificial tears 3-4x/day to see if that helps with the irritation, as well as using cool compresses to help suppress the inflammation. If these measures aren't enough to control the symptoms in may need a steroid drop which would need to be prescribed by your eye doctor. Does that make sense?
Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?     

It appears as though you are not online currently.  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. 

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. 

This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!