Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Hi, Sat. evening under my eye, and in lower lid area started

Hi, Sat. evening under my eye, and in lower lid area started getting irritated and swollen, and slightly painful to the touch....

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Is there a focal swelling or hardness? Is it itchy?

It's under my eye where it's's not itchy...but there is some sticky discharge.

Doctor DanB : Have you had a cold recently or been around anyone with an upper respiratory or stomach flu infection?

Doctor DanB : Is the swelling boggy, like there may be fluid in it, or more hard and thickened?

Doctor DanB : Any fevers?

no, but I have a head ache... but I suffer from Sinus problems, and have to take sinus meds. regularly.

Doctor DanB : What color is the discharge, how much is there, and how thick is it?

Discharge seems to be mostly clear as far as I can tell, and it takes maybe 2 hours to get some built up. At night, it gets crusty, and on my lashes also. Not sure of thickness, I don't believe it's real thick though.

Doctor DanB : I suspect this is an early infection. Either a conjunctivitis or a skin infection. At the onset of symptoms, it can be difficult to differentiate the two. I would recommend using cool compresses several times per day as well as artificial tears several times per day for the next couple of days.

ok, and if it get

gets worse, go to doctor?

Doctor DanB : You got it.

thanks so much

Doctor DanB : Youre welco
Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!