Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

is pink eye painfull

Customer Question

is pink eye painfull
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to

No pink eye does not cause pain. It can cause discomfort in the eyes though. A pink eye becomes painful when there is a corneal involvement or there is iritis ( inflammation of the iris as the cause of pink eye- there is redness, pain, blurred vision, intolerence to bright light).

If you have a painful pink eye then it is better to get the eye examined in detail by an ophthalmologist ( for a slit lamp examination) so as to detect the underlying cause and start the treatment.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Hi Jason,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Has the pink eye subsided? Does the eye hurt even now?

Let me know,