Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I take seroquel xr 750 mg for my depression and anxiety could

I take seroquel xr 750 mg for my depression and anxiety could this medication be giving me the sore eye muscles that we discussed.
Clint

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. How long have you been taking it?
Customer: I have been taking the seroquel for about three years
Doctor DanB : Eye pain has been reported in patients taking seroquel, as has glaucoma. While I have never seen a patient on seroquel that I could identify as having eye pain and/or glaucoma that has been directly caused by seroquel, it doesn't mean it can't happen. I think that's all the more reason to get that exam with the ophthalmologist to determine whether that's what's causing your symptoms or not.
Customer: Do you think that an exam by an ophthalmologist will be able to determine the cause , I would be so happy if he could and thank you so much. Clint
Doctor DanB : Yes, I really do. I think that is by far your best chance.
Customer: Thanks so much. You have answered my question. Take care. Clint
Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!