Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

RK in 1990, Bifocals now, dont want to wear glasses. Have

RK in 1990, Bifocals now, don't want to wear glasses. Have trouble reading, do wear glasses all the time. Is lens replacement an option? Cost is no object. Age 58.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, this is possible now--no need to wait. This is called clear lens exchange.
Doctor DanB : Thousands every day have their natural crystalline lenses removed and replaced with an artificial lens which can provide them relatively little to no dependence on glasses for their every day visual demands. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?       It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback; any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!