Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Can I use Adderal if I have an 2 mm unruptured aneurysm behind

Can I use Adderal if I have an 2 mm unruptured aneurysm behind my eye that a neuro-interventionist said only needs monitoring?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes, you should be OK to use Adderall.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Dr. Rick. I failed to add that I use the nicotine patch (a stimulant) and felt the Adderal (20 mg) and the patch might compromise the 2mm unruptured aneurysm. And your suggesting it would be OK/safe to use the Adderal? Just giving you a more complete picture. thanks. George

Thanks for that extra information. I am a retina specialist and deal with type of retina problem all the time...

You will be OK to use the nicotine patch (congrats on working to give up smoking :), as well as the adderall. This really shouldn't impact your retinal macroaneurysm.

Have a great Labor Day weekend :-)
This also hold true if your aneurysm is in your orbit, behind your eyeball, and not in your retina.....just to make sure you are clear on what I am saying
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a precisely a saccular aneurysm arising from the clinoid segment of the right INTERNAL carotid artery. I should have given this specific information earlier. This this change the answer? I believe this maybe outside the orbit. Perhaps a neurologist can supplement your answer. Thank you so much--George Z

George,

I still think you will be OK as we discussed...although that is a long way away from the eye ;-)

You might see if you can re-post your question, giving all of the above information, to the neurology section if you want another opinion.

Have a great three day weekend :)