Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I am diabetic and have had lazor surgery on both eyes. I am

I am diabetic and have had lazor surgery on both eyes. I am experiencing floaters in my left eye that are so large it's affecting my vision. It looks like I'm seeing blood, but it's not really floating around like other timew I've seen floaters. Is there anything I can do until I can get to a doctor?

Hello there

It sounds like you had diabetic retinopathy and lasers were done to treat swelling or bleeding in the retina. New floaters may represent new bleeding into the gel in the back of the eye. Keeping your head elevated with an extra pillow may offer some assistance in allowing the blood to settle. However it is important to call your doctors office and get an appointment in the next week or so, sooner if you experience flashing lights or a loss of peripheral vision. Besides this, nothing can be done to help with settlling the floaters you see now, Best Regards