Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a pain that feels like a nerve in the skin that runs

I have a pain that feels like a nerve in the skin that runs from the inner corner of my left eye down the side of my nose on the left side. If I don't touch it, I don't feel it, but when I lightly press on it, it hurts. If I press hard to the bone, that doesn't hurt.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any other symptoms in the left eye such as excessive watering from the eye or discharge?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The site of pain coincides with the area where the lacrimal sac is present. In case you have acute inflammation of the lacrimal sac ( acute dacryocysitis) it can cause pain at that site( between inner corner of the eye and the nose) along with redness and swelling in that region too.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you do not have any of these signs or symptoms, then yes, it is likely that the pain is due to some kind of neuritis.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Though this is a very unusual site for neuritis to occur. If there is a known history of diabetes then the chances of nerve involvement is higher. Treatment is in the form of analgesics, high doses of vitamin B-complex or methylcobalamine and treatment of the underlying diabetes.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please let me know if you have anything else to add.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I am available here for any further assistance.