Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a pain that feels like a nerve in the skin that runs

I have a pain that feels like a nerve in the skin that runs from the inner corner of my left eye down the side of my nose on the left side. If I don't touch it, I don't feel it, but when I lightly press on it, it hurts. If I press hard to the bone, that doesn't hurt.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any other symptoms in the left eye such as excessive watering from the eye or discharge?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The site of pain coincides with the area where the lacrimal sac is present. In case you have acute inflammation of the lacrimal sac ( acute dacryocysitis) it can cause pain at that site( between inner corner of the eye and the nose) along with redness and swelling in that region too.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you do not have any of these signs or symptoms, then yes, it is likely that the pain is due to some kind of neuritis.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Though this is a very unusual site for neuritis to occur. If there is a known history of diabetes then the chances of nerve involvement is higher. Treatment is in the form of analgesics, high doses of vitamin B-complex or methylcobalamine and treatment of the underlying diabetes.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please let me know if you have anything else to add.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

I am available here for any further assistance.