pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
Experience:  Specialty in contact lenses, medical eye management, LASIK

I had a macular pucker in my right eye and had surgery to correct

I had a macular pucker in my right eye and had surgery to correct it. It is now in my left eye but hasn't gotten to the level where they can do the surgery. I think this is causing me dizziness and balance problems but my doctor insists that its not the case!! What do you think!! Thanks carrie
Category: Eye
Expert:  pippistrellodaqua replied 1 year ago.

pippistrellodaqua :

Macular pucker is a wrinkle of the retina of the back part of the eye. It causes an irregular pattern to lines and causes distortion in general. I agree with your ophthalmologist that the dizziness is not likely related to the macular pucker. Dizziness can be associated with the eyes but is more often associated with the inner ear especially when dizziness and balance issues are seen together. A structure of the inner ear called the semicircular canals are responsible for balance. I suggest that you be seen by a neurologist or ENT if the dizziness is causing problems. I've never seen a balance issue directly linked to the macular pucker, but that being said it's not rare if it's in the chair and nearly anything is possible. I just don't suspect the eyes are to blame.

pippistrellodaqua :

I'll be available throughout the day to answer any other follow-up questions you may have. Please consider leaving a positive rating when your question has been answered fully.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!! Carrie
You're so welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to offer a positive rating. Thanks again.
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
Experience: Specialty in contact lenses, medical eye management, LASIK