Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

just went for an eye check up and the viens and arteries in

just went for an eye check up and the viens and arteries in my eye are S-shaped not straight...what to do???

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Customer: Yes
Doctor DanB :

Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease?

Customer: Yes
Doctor DanB :

Which ones?

Customer: not that has ever been diagnosed...had CBC done a yr ago and everything was fine. Work out hard three times a week and eat pretty healthy
Customer: Sorry may have replied yes when it should have been no...Oopsy Daisy
Customer: U should know had RK surgery about 25 yrs ago
Doctor DanB :

I'm sorry; I had to step away from my desk for a few minutes, but I'm back.

Doctor DanB :

Okay, so knowing that you don't have any of those medical problems, the fact that your blood vessels are more curvy than straight likely represents just an anatomical variation (like some people are short vs tall, light vs dark, etc...) and not something pathological.

Customer: R u sure this is not a sign of something more serious ? help Dr. Dan 👀
Doctor DanB :

Well, unfortunately without personally examining you myself, I can't say that for sure. But knowing that tortuous blood vessels are usually only a problem in persons who have systemic medical problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, or heart disease, I would suspect that this isn't a sign of some impending eye problem. That being said, if you haven't had a recent checkup and physical with your physician, that would be the best thing to do right now, just to make sure that any risk factors you may have for these diseases could be managed. Does that make sense?

Customer: Yes u Rock!!!
Doctor DanB :

Great. Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

Doctor DanB :

If not,. your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Customer: Cheerio mate thanks for your help 😃
Doctor DanB :

My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.