Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

What causes lumps or tubes on the lower of eyes and what cure

What causes lumps or tubes on the lower of eyes and what cure can be applied to make these go away

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Where are these lumps or tubes located? On your eye lids? Your actual eyeball?

Dr. Rick :

Can you see them if you look in the mirror?

Customer:
Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Where are these lumps or tubes located? On your eye lids? Your actual eyeball?
Dr. Rick : Can you see them if you look in the mirror?

Is your vision affected?
Ok. Thanks for that extra information on your other post.

It sounds like you have orbital fat prolapse. This is a benign condition.

The most common cause of dark circles under the eyes is breakdown of the orbital septum which allows the normal orbital fat tissue that surrounds and cushions your eyeball to "pooch" forward.

As you know, there are tons of creams and lotions for the ladies to use for this issue. Why are there so many different ones? Because none of them work :-)

With age the thin, tough membrane (orbital septum) that keeps the normal fat pad in place behind your eye becomes weak and tears. When this happens you start to notice the swelling, or bags, under your eyes. It is nothing to worry about.

The only way to treat this problem is with surgery, called a blepharoplasty. Many times it can be done in a procedure room in the ophthalmologist’s office.

Here is a good webpage that discusses this surgery:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharoplasty

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.
Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Dr. Rick,

Back on 8/7/2012, I requested that you follow up with me today to see if my issue was resolved. If I give you a positive rating for this follow-up, JustAnswer will pay you since it's included with my membership.

http://www.justanswer.com/eye-health/704gg-causes-lumps-tubes-lower-eyes-cure.html Detail Required: HIGH; Urgency: HIGH
Yes. You are correct. On 8/7/12 you gave me excellent feedback and JA did, indeed, pay me :-)

Thank you very much.

So. How are you doing?