Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Im 35 and have been diagnosed with premature presbyopia and

Customer Question

I'm 35 and have been diagnosed with premature presbyopia and have been prescribed a reading add of +1.25. Is this strong for someone my age? I really seem to need them as I can hardly see anything close up without wearing them.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No. That is not all that strong. If they are working for you that is all that matters.

Dr. Rick :

You can not hurt your eyes, make your Rx different, or make your eyes "dependent" on glasses by using them or not using them. So. If they work for you, then go ahead and enjoy them.

Dr. Rick :

As far as this diagnosis of "premature presbyopia" is concerned..........were you told this by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist?

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest, before accepting this diagnosis, that you have two extended refractions (where the doctor asks you "which is better? One? or Two?"), one using drop, called a wet refraction followed a few days later with a dry refraction.

Dr. Rick :

This, I would bet, will bring out residual hyperopia in your case. Nothing to worry about....but good to know.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.