Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

good morning.

good morning. basically i have had a couple of aura with migraines this week. but eventually most of it cleared yesterday and my vision was not too bad. I woke up this morning and my vision in my right eye was completely blurred and would not clear. i looked in the mirror and i had a pink smudge in my white of my eye that was joined to the coloured bit of my eye ( the pupil i believe it is called ) i put an ice pack on me eye and aftr about an hour the pink patch went but all day my vision as been very blurred in both eyes...its not an aura it is generally blurred ( not heavily ) but enough where i have to be very close to see writing? any suggestions at all would be very helpful? thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you may be experiencing an episode of accommodative spasm.

Dr. Rick :

This can be brought on by many things and it is possible that your migraine episodes brought it on.

Customer:

is it serious?

Dr. Rick :

The good news? This is nothing to worry about and should clear up by itself by tomorrow.

Dr. Rick :

Nope. Not serious. You don't have a brain tumor (Everyone thinks of this cause first for some reason) :-)

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

oh thats excellent yes that makes sense i started to feel a little worried earlier cuz that side of my head felt very empty and weak as well if that makes sense?

Dr. Rick :

Yes, that is not unusual. Nothing to be concerned about. I, like you, am a migraine sufferer so I know what you are going through.

Customer:

yea it is good to talk to someone who knows what it feels like because the migraines r relitavely new to me so im not aware of everything that can happen.

Dr. Rick :

Mine started when I was 19.....I've been dealing with them for over 30 years......

Customer:

mine only started when i was 16 and only have 1 or 2 a year not very often at all till this week....no iea why they have started to come so often now

Dr. Rick :

Here is a good article on migraines from a very well known and trusted source:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/print/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=all&METHOD=print

Customer:

thank you i will give it a good read and remember it....so that way i can stop bothering your good self

Dr. Rick :

No problem. I'm glad I could help. Take care and have a good evening (It is 7pm in Wisconsin....)

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer:

1am here :) thank you. enjoy the rest of your evening.