Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have been having pain on and above my right eyebrow. This

I have been having pain on and above my right eyebrow. This has been going on for more than a week. My doctor said no infection by looking up my nostril.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Has your eyes or vision been affected at all?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any cold symptoms or cough? How about post nasel drip?

Dr. Rick :

Is there any area of swelling or tenderness when you press around where the pain is?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

I look forward to your response so that we can figure out what is causing your pain.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick,

No, eyes or vision have not been affected. No cold symptoms or cough but always have some degree of post nasal drip. There is pain and tenderness on and around affected area.

Pat

It sounds to me like you have a sinusitis. This can be from many issues like bacterial infection, viral infection, allergies etc.

Looking up your nose is not enough to evaluate for this issue. I would suggest, at the very least, sinus xrays.

Once the specific cause is found then I'm confident that appropriate treatment can be found to make you feel better.

If you would like to have your primary care MD have a look at you I think that would be fine but, of course, the most knowledgeable doctor would be an ENT physician.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.
Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.