Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i got paint in my left eye what eye drops u suggest to remove

i got paint in my left eye what eye drops u suggest to remove the paint from the eye. it was reburry silk wall paint from b n q

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is nothing safe that will dissolve the paint without damaging your eye.

Dr. Rick :

How long ago did this happen?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you have already asked this question of another expert but did not give positive feedback.

Customer:

yes

Dr. Rick :

I am an eye surgeon and if you can not get the paint remains out of your eye safely by yourself, and it is on the clear, central, part of your eye (the cornea) then you may have to go see a doctor to have it safely removed.

Dr. Rick :

One thing you can try, if you are brave and have a trustworthy assistant, is to moisten a qtip with artificial tears and very, very, very gently try to gently brush the small piece of paint off your eye.

Dr. Rick :

You risk a corneal abrasion trying to get it out this way and then you would have to go see an eye doctor....but if you can't get it out you will have to do this anyway.

Dr. Rick :

It's up to you if you want to try this kinda aggressive step.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer:

yes its coming out slowly i just thought you might know a better eye drops or eye wash that removes paint. Problem is I watered the paint down thats why it splashed. and its in the

There is no eye drop that will remove paint without destroying your eye in the process.

If the paint is coming out then you should be ok..

It was a pleasure to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.