Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Sudden onset right temple headache with right watering.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Is your eye red, or is the vision affected? Any eye pain or light sensitivity?
Customer: When they did neurological test asked me to follow finger felt little discomfort behind right eye when looking up. I do not get headaches n this was debillitating. Still discomfort n I have very high tolerance pain, so drs advise me to be seen immediate if in pain. I do not take any meds n in fact this was my first cat scan. I did fall down stairs early feb n face planted right side cheek as well as broke my first bone - collarbone two places on the interior and at shoulder.
Doctor DanB : But is the eye red, or the vision blurry or any light sensitivity?
Customer: Not blurry, was little sensitive lite not red
Doctor DanB : In cases such as these, the eye discomfort can be a result of the headache, or the headache can be the result of eye pain. If the eyes not red, or otherwise gritty/sandy, itchy, painful or brining, then I suspect that the genesis ofmyiurmsymptoms may be related to the head and not vice versa. To have headaches like these are not unheard of. Some people can start to form these types of headaches, called ice-pick headaches, which can be associated with the symptoms of watering and milf light sensitivity. If the headache is otherwise transient (ie not continuing to worsen), is not associated with difficulty walking, talking, swallowing, double vision, or vision changes, then I don't suspect that this was a stroke. Does that make sense?
Customer: Makes sense, but, I do live alone any risk? Headache seems same pain abt 8 with pain killer
Doctor DanB : I think in the absence of other symptoms, then I don't see other significant risks. However, if the headache turns into the worst headache of your life, or is associated with those symptoms I just discussed or fevers, then I thin you are okay to observe for now.
Customer: I am more comfortable laying low not moving. Treatment for ice pick headache. Frankly this is worst headache of my life since I don't get headaches, maybe one mild one year at most that advil relieves
Customer: Any recommendations for other things to relieve pain; ice or heat? Or.
Doctor DanB : I meant to say if it is associated with those symptoms then you should be seen by a doctor and not wait. But otherwise, I think you are okay to observe for now.
Customer: Thank u
Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. 

This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.  

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!