Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

I woke up yesterday to find under my right eye from the nose

Customer Question

I woke up yesterday to find under my right eye from the nose to the middle of my lower eyelid was swollen. It gradually went away as the day progressed so I thought nothing of it. Today it is bigger and more swollen and is red, itchy, and hurts. It's Not a stye because there is no sign of it. Also, it's not blephitis because my eye isn't crusting or pussing. I'm not alergic to anything, and eye is free of alian objects... so I don't know what it is
Category: Eye
Expert:  Valarie replied 4 years ago.
Hello, thank you for coming to JustAnswer, and welcome.

I'm sorry it has been such a long time since you have posted your question without receiving a response.

Your description of the area under your eye sounds very much like you have an infection going on (pain, itching, redness, swelling). And in light of the fact that it is really should get this looked at by your doctor ASAP. Infection in the soft tissues around your eye can spread and become much worse very quickly.

You would not necessarily see any drainage from the eyelid if the infection is contained within the tissues. There are, of course, other possible causes.....but if it is an infection you do not want to take chances with this and hope it clears on its own. The safest thing for you to do is have the area examined by your doctor right way.