Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Is Irlen Syndrone/SSS curable?

Is Irlen Syndrone/SSS curable?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Irlen syndrome and SSS have not been proven to exist by quality scientific studies nor has the physiology been explained as far as I am concerned. This "disease" was first noted not by an ophthalmologist or any sort or scientist or physician but rather by a marriage, family and child counselor.

Dr. Rick :

I do not believe in this condition and suggest you not subject your child to the use of these glasses, exercise or testing.

Dr. Rick :

The only person I would trust to diagnose and treat your child's eye problems is a pediatric ophthalmologist.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful.

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer:

He was diagnosed by a pediatric ophthalmologist. proven or not, it is helping. thanks any way

Ok. I am glad that he is getting excellent care. I hope your son shows improvement soon.

Have a good evening.