Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

What is the best option for corrective eye surgery? I currently

What is the best option for corrective eye surgery? I currently need bifocal contacts
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

There is no eye surgery that will eliminate both your need for distance glasses and bifocals for near (presbyopia).

You could, however, have monofocal lasik or clear lens extraction where one eye is "set" for near work and one eye is "set" for far work.

Some people love this type of system; some hate it. I recommend that you try monovision in contact lenses before having it carved into your cornea forever or surgically implanted inside your eye.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.
Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.