pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
Experience:  Specialty in contact lenses, medical eye management, LASIK

eye is bloodshot & has a lump in it

Customer Question

eye is bloodshot & has a lump in it
Category: Eye
Expert:  pippistrellodaqua replied 4 years ago.

pippistrellodaqua :

Hi there. I am an optometrist and I deal with injuries and disease of the eye on a daily basis. I will be available throughout the afternoon to answer follow-up questions regarding your condition. How long ago did you notice the redness? Where is the redness and the lump (on the white part of the eye, the lid, where?) Is there any pain involved? Do you feel that something is in there? Usually I can get a good idea of what is going on with answers to these questions. I hope to be able to provide you with a working diagnosis and advise on how to treat it if necessary. Thanks for the question and I look forward to working with you to get it answered completely.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
eye red for several days, lump in the white of the eye
Is there any pain involved? Any irritation? Is the lump just next to the color part of the eye (iris) but still on the white part?