Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i had a cornea replacemnt on my left eye on the 13 th july!!!

i had a cornea replacemnt on my left eye on the 13 th july!!! since then it had had its ups and downs..... the last week or so the eye has been really red , im light sensitive,blurry vison and i get sharp pains in my eye socket!!!! What could this be and what should i do?? i live over 3 hours away from my specilaist and are unabkle to drive?
cheers j

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Congrats on your new cornea. :-)

Dr. Rick :

I hate to tell you this, but if your eye is really red, light sensitive and you are getting sharp pains then the only thing to do is call your cornea specialist and let her know how you are feeling.

Dr. Rick :

If there is an ophthalmologist closer to you then your transplant surgeon I'm sure he could take a look at your eye and see what is going on........if not, I'm afraid a road trip is the best thing to do :)

Dr. Rick :

Your eye should not feel this bad at this point when you are over two weeks out. As a matter of fact, this is actually a time when slow growing infections can start to show up.....

Dr. Rick :

This is the best possible advice I can give you since I can't actually examine your eyeball using "chat" as my only diagnostic tool.....

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Hi. I'm still here if you want to talk more.

Jo,

I was just thinking about you and wondering what your ophthalmologist found. I hope it is nothing serious.

Take care and have a good day, mate :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Apparently conjunctivitis :-) I went to my optometrist !! I'm not sure that's all it is tho :-(
Jo,

Glad to hear that is was nothing serious. I hope you feel better soon and start to enjoy your new cornea :-)