Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I just received my new glasses again. Long story short the

I just received my new glasses again. Long story short the doctor "twiked" my long distance and couldn't see out of the glasses. Now my bi-focal is the same as before -- my eyes get very blured while reading after about 5 minutes. Doctor says he can't get what I need for my bi-focal and my long distant together -- My question is why can't they make glasses to fit your vison? I've worn glasses since I was about 20, now 62 and never heard of such a thing. Has things changed on how they put bi-focal and long distance together? I have the no line bi-focal.

Thank you XXXXX

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is no reason that, if your eyes are otherwise healthy, that you shouldn't be able to be fit with a pair of bifocals that serve your needs. Of course, no-line bifocals are a lot pickier when it comes to fit and therein may be the problem.

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest taking your glasses Rx and going to see another ophthalmologist and see what that doctor says.

Dr. Rick :

Another thing you can try is to use artificial tears 3 to 4x/day and see if that helps with your near vision. Many times vision issues like you are talking about are related to dryness of the eyes. This is especially true as we get older and during the summer months where there is a lot of A/C use.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

have a good day.