Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Not quite sure how to explaint his, but Im going to give it

Customer Question

Not quite sure how to explaint his, but I'm going to give it a shot. There is a red 'circle' in both of my eyes. They don't completely cover my line of vision, but almost. They don't really bother me, but it will cause some color inaccuracies. Nothing in my life has changed. Not my soap, shampoo, address, nothing. This has been going on for quite some time now. My husband finally found out and wants to know what you think. Any ideas? Also, there's no pain. My eyes aren't dry or wet. so, anyway. Thank you for your time and expertise.

Peggy
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

do you eyes look normal to you in the mirror?

Dr. Rick :

If you close one eye at a time is this red circle in each eye?

Dr. Rick :

Is it the same in each eye?

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been going on?

Dr. Rick :

When you say that "they don't completely cover my line of vision, but almost" do you mean that they block out your visual field?

Dr. Rick :

Is your ability to read to see in the distance affected?

Dr. Rick :

Does this red circle change or is it always the same?

Dr. Rick :

do you have any medical problem or take any medicines?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I look forward to your responses so that we can try and figure out what is going on with your vision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I mussed you earlier! Here's the answers to your questions: Yes, my eyes look normal. Yes, when I close my eyes one at a time the red circle is in each eye. No, the red circle seems to be just a bit bigger in my right eye. I noticed it several months ago. Not sure of exactly when. They don't block my vision. If you took a small juice glass and put it into a larger water glass, the area left in the water glass would be area that does not had the red tinge. Sorry, I don't know how else to explain it. This does not seem to be affecting my vision at all. Just messes with colors. I don't think I've really payed any attention as to whether it changes in size or not. It does seem to be more intense when I first get up. No, I have no medical problems and am not taking any meds. Hope this helps. I hope you can come up with something. Thank you for your time! Peggy
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Well, you have very interesting symptoms. As retina specialist I can tell you that the diagnosis of your condition is going to take a lot more then a discussion on the internet.

There can be a number of things that are causing your red circles and every one of them will require a complete eye examination to diagnose. I'd be happy to give you a laundry list of possibilities but I don't think that will help you very much.....of course, you might be more willing to pay me for my time and my laundry list rather then the advice I'm about to give you lol! :-)

You really need a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist. Should you see a retina specialist first? While I believe that your final issue may very well be retinal or CNS (brain) related I'd wait on a retina consult until other, more obvious things are ruled out by a good eye exam.

Does this make sense to you?

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you don't mind, I'd like to have the "laundry list". I don't have insurance and would like to do a little research before I take that likd of financial plunge. Thank you for your time. Peggy
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok:

**Glaucoma
** Uveitis
**intraocular tumors
**Bilateral corneal edema (from tons of different causes)
**peripheral retinopathy (once again, tons of causes including genetic, infections, inflammation etc)
**cataracts
** problems with the visual pathways (brain tumors, vascular issues, inflammation, infection etc....)

That's kinda the highlights. Let me know if I can do anything else to help.

It was a pleasure to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Have a good weekend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much! I've already 'rated', but just wanted again to say thank you! I appreciate your help more than you'll know! Have a wonderful wee-end! Peggy
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure Peggy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)