Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I am 59 years old, 3 days ago my eyes developed double vision.

I am 59 years old, 3 days ago my eyes developed double vision. Each of eye is in good health but they dont focus together. I have to drive with an eye shut either one. Any doctor can advise on treatment.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : When the double vision is only present when only one, particular eye is open, then that means it is due to some impediment in the refractive (focusing) elements in the eye. Alternatively, if the double vision wasn't in any one eye, but only present when both eyes are open together then this would be much more serious and could indicate a problem in the brain or blood vessels which may need much more attention and worry.
Doctor DanB : It sounds as though this was a sudden onset of double vision and you've never had any issues with the eyes whatsoever; I think it would be important to have an evaluation by your ophthalmologist to determine if other things such as multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease, mini-strokes in the nerves that move the muscles of the eyes or in the brain, or intracranial masses or increased intracranial pressure are causing this. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns?  Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?  It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.     My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry! 

Thank you Doctor

Hello Doctor

May i know is this a common disease or rare. Both my eyes not coordinating. I can see things normal at max 1.2m distance above that i will have to see with one eye close. I went to a clinic today and the GP just did a simple test and explain that is my brain. There's limitation in my sighting too especially look up and side ways. I am not available for chat. Thanks again

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Went to consult an eye doctor. have my eyes checked and nothing wrong and no cataracts detected. Stayed 3 day in Hospital and Did a MRI test Ok with my Head. 3 specialist doc check me, Nuero,Eye and Diabetic , my sugar level test 3 days was 5.9 below 6, Cholesterol also good. So with the test and scan no Doc can give a clear answer just......... or this problem ............ probably........................