Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

ra-rbm

Customer Question

i got poked in the eyeball with a stick.it is very light sensetive and sore.i cant go in the sun without a patch.sometimes it feels like something is trying to push it thru my eye socket.it also wont stop watering.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. I think there are a couple of things that may have happened here. It's possible you have a corneal abrasion, or even an infected corneal abrasion (called an ulcer). It's also possible that you have inflammation within the eye called iritis related to this trauma.

Doctor DanB :

If it's a corneal abrasion, it will usually get better on it's own in 48-72 hours, but using artificial tears 4-5x/day and/or lubricating eye ointment 2-3x/day as well as Tylenol or Ibuprofen will help until then. However, if you're doing these things and you're not getting better, or you are getting worse then you need to see an ophthalmologist as this could represent an infection that needs to be treated with prescription antibiotics or it could represent this traumatic iritis which needs to be treated with steroids. If your vision is severely worse and your pupil is a different shape than the other eye then this could represent some very serious trauma that needs to be dealt with immediately. Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB :

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns about this topic that I haven't addressed?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. If at anytime you feel this process has been helpful, please press the ACCEPT button, if you see it. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.