Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My brother has posterior subcapsular cataracts. He has been

My brother has posterior subcapsular cataracts. He has been diagonsed for about a year. His vision has been declining and he now tells me that he cannot see anything, that he is blind. Is there anything that can be done and is surgery still an option?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, he can be treated. Thankfully when it comes to cataracts it is almost never too Kate and surgery is almost certainly still an option ti correct his vision. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : That should say it is never to late (not Kate). :)
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic? 
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.     My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry!