Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Last year I had persistant smells of dead fish. Over time

Customer Question

Last year I had persistant smells of dead fish. Over time these smells disappeared and I only smell dead fish once in a while..

Since I was a girl I have off and on auditory hallucinations that do persist for days at a time. Sometimes I hear music or instruments playing when there are none. Sometimes I hear words spoken when no one is there... Recently we took a trip to Oklahoma where cicadas were every where. I have heard cicadas since we got back from OK on Friday the 6th of July 2012, it now the 8th of July..we live in New Hampshire. We have a creaky stairwell and can hear someone coming up or down the stairs. I often hear the stairs creaking but no one is on the stairs. We have a small windchime on the bathroom doorknob which chimes when someone opens the door. I hear those windchimes when I am alone.
I also think I see "individuals" at the corner of my eye, but when I turn my head, there is no one there.
I have persistant headaches with light sensitivity. I have seen bright pinpoints of light since 2004 and sometimes black blobs in my vision that are irregular in shape that blossom for a moment then fade away. Recently I had an MRI that showed multiple white patches on my brain. Since I have a family history of Diabetes, the neurologist is testing me for that, although my primary routinely tests me and they have come back negative,.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What is it that I can answer for you?

Dr. Rick :

Good morning. My system shows that you have entered the chat room. Are you there?

Customer:

having trouble replyin

g

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Sorry about that......

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Customer:

Can you see my original statement?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

What is it that I can answer for you?

Dr. Rick :

Good morning. My system shows that you have entered the chat room. Are you there?</pCustomer:

having trouble replyin

g

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Sorry about that......

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think opthamology was the area for my question/concern. I have persistant auditory hallucinations and wondered at the cause
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
I understand that. A common cause of issues like yours is seizures and I think that I would start with an EEG and go from there with the help of a neurologist.

Does that make sense?

Let me know if you have any further questions. :)