Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I noticed on my left eyelid a black and blue mark the size

I noticed on my left eyelid a black and blue mark the size of a dime. Should I be concerned? I didn't bump into anything, or get hit with anything

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like a bruise to me

Dr. Rick :

Bruises on the eyelid are very common and since the skin is so thin the bruise shows up really well :) Most times an isolated event like what you are taking about is from some minor trauma that you don't even remember.

Dr. Rick :

As long as you have no other symptoms or lots of bruises elsewhere, I would not worry about this at all.

Dr. Rick :

It is also important to know that it may spread and change colors some.....this, too, is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Have a good weekend
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your response. I'm sure I didn't hit anything. If it should get bigger or maybe on the other eye, should I be concerned then?
If the one you already have gets bigger I'd not worry....but if you start to bruise easily in other places then I'd consult with your GP.

But, from what you have told me, I don't think you have anything to worry about and can just enjoy your weekend :)