Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I am being treated for an eye infection with double vision

I am being treated for an eye infection with double vision and inflamation in the corea. Now they think I have eye herpes and I am being treated with an anti viral med. Just took my first pill, I am concerned about myself bur more concerned that I may have given my grandchildren what I have. they had pink eye a while back but their eyes have cleared I have had this for more then a month and have been treated with Pred forte drops.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is almost no chance that you have spread your eye disease to you grandchildren. Ocular herpes does not spread like other eye conditions, such as pink eye.

Dr. Rick :

The kids will be OK.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

I hope your eye gets better soon. Have a good weekend.....and feel free to hug the Grandkids -- they won't catch this from you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I am concerned about myself as well. This has been goung on for a month and a half. The doctor talked about scarring . does this mean I will lose my sight unless I have a cornesl transplant

No. Not necessarly. Many times the infection can be controlled and the cornea heals without much scar formation or the scar is out of the way of the central vision.

At this point I'd just concentrate on getting your eye better and if any serious scars are left behind then you can deal with them then. In addition to cornea transplant scars can sometimes be removed with PTK, using a laser like is used in LASIK surgery.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Have a good weeked.