Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Good evening!I m curiouse if its possible to fix simple anisocoriya

Good evening!I m curiouse if its possible to fix simple anisocoriya by stretch small pupil ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 2 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. That depends on the cause. Have you had an evaluation by your ophthalmogist to determine the cause?
Doctor DanB : Are you there?
Customer:

Yes its for my new born baby girl!Her right pupil dilated not equal as left one .The ophthalmogist think its might be Horner syndrome,and was not found any other problem with her eye but since she having just pupil differance and both sides of her face getting red and sweat equal no eye drope .The pupil different only lil bit in evening seems no more than 2 mm .Also I had emergency csection couse I was stop dialted in labor from 9 cm opening to 4 cm and when my baby was born first hours sometimes(not all the time) she kept her right eye not all way open(like its was squeeze). Her pediatrition said for him its doesnt looks like Horner and sent us to pediatric neurologist.Now we are waiting appointment in august and I am as mother trying to understand what its may be .Can read about people who just was born with Simple Anisokoriya and they living like that normal life.I m searching of what can be with my baby girl and if its pupil different permanent its possible make cosmetic surgery and make pupil looks more equal?Or its can not ?

Doctor DanB : A congenital Horner's syndrome is not uncommon. If the cosmetic symmetry is what you're after, then what may be more feasible would be to use a drop called pilocarpine which can constrict the other pupil and therefore make them both look equal.
Customer:

Thank you very much for advice will keep it in mind.But I also heard about microsurgery of the eye where use micro hooks to stretch pupil wide and make its more even.Do you heard about such and if you did then where you would advice me to go for?

Doctor DanB : Yes, this is certainly possible, though I don't think this is a cure-all; while stretching the pupil may make it bigger, a Horner's syndrome pupil still lacks the dilating nerve to allow it to change dynamically. Any comprehensive ophthalmologist can do this procedure.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?
Customer:

Yes its do !Thank you !Also I m curiouse if in future perspective any cure can be possible for kids who got same problem as mine and of couse for damage of sympathetic nerve chain at new born babies?

Doctor DanB : I certainly would hope it coins be possible in the future, though because regenerating this nerve function would be akin to restoring brain function in a brain-damaged individual, I think a cure for this would be far in the future if at all, unfortunately.
Doctor DanB : That should say 'could' not coins.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic? 
Customer:

Yes I do! Appreciate information thank you! Would you think the accupunture could helps eye work right?

Doctor DanB : I don't have any expectation that acupuncture would cure this, but then again, acupuncture seems to do a lot of good in unexpected ways.
Customer:

Thank you! I also heard in Israel they trying to cure symphathetic nerve chain by neurostimulation of nerve.What you thinking about it?

Doctor DanB : Unfortunately I can't say I know too much about that.
Customer:

I heard they doing it at the The Chaim Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer is the largest hospital in Israel can not find any more information but wondering about it.Probobly they just trying to done something by their own vision .

Doctor DanB : It sounds like it. I hope this has been helpful. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  If at any time you feel this process has been helpful, please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.     My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.  Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer:

Yes Doctor DanB its was defently helpfull for my mind I will leave a feedback

Doctor DanB : Thanks!
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology