Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

The past several days, I have been experiencing a slight headache

The past several days, I have been experiencing a slight headache and naseua mainly after reading/working (computer, iPhone, and even driving). I don't notice this when watching TV. Could this be from me trying to hard to focus? I don't currently wear glasses. Words do not appear blurry; but I do notice the side effects get better when I'm further away from my phone or computer. It almost feels like motion sickness.

You experiencing symptoms of a natural process in the eye called as presbyopia which is noticed usually around the age of 40 years ( it could be early or later too by a year or so). In this condition the near point recedes and the comfortable distance at which the near work is done begins to be much farther away. The distance vision remains unaffected in this condition.Though the words do not appear blurry as of now but would evetually appears so in a matter of months to a years time.The headache is due to the eye strain from trying to focus the words clearly. I think it is alright to get your vision tested ( both distance and near) and start wearing a reading glass ( +1.0 D) and see if you notice any improvement and whether the headache and nausea disappear. If they do, then go ahead with the reading glasses and if there is absolutely no improvement then it is better to get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist