Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Hi two days now ive woke up with crusty eye closed. I clean

Hi

two days now ive woke up with crusty eye closed. I clean it off, its clear and hard, and then nothing til next morning. Im getting over a cold. Should i be worried.

Thank you Sandi

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello Sandi,

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are the crusts seen in both eyes?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

crusts can be seen in case of dry eyes with meibomitis ( there can be cheesy looking pent up secretions which may harden and form crusts) or with squamous blepharitis ( inflammation of the lid margins).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

A simple remedy for this is as follows-

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In case you observe any flakiness of the lid margins, then you can try lid scrub with 50:50 diluted baby shampoo which will help to relieve the symptoms. In addition you can try lubricating eye drops such as refresh tears eye drops 1` drop 4 times a day for 3 weeks. You can give warm compresses twice a day to prevent the secretions from getting pent up.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist